Cement Market 2021 Global Industry Forecasts Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Key Regions Analysis By 2028
The global cement market is projected to grow from USD 326.80 billion in 2021 to USD 458.64 billion in 2028. Nowadays, surging concerns of pollution are compelling governments of various countries to put forward norms to encourage companies to use carbon-negative manufacturing techniques. The United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), for instance, urges the utilization and production of new cement-based products that are both affordable and eco-friendly. Fortune Business Insights™ published this information in a report, titled, “Cement Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Portland, Blended, and Others), By Application (Residential, and Non-Residential), and Regional Forecast, 2021-2028.” The report further states that the market stood at USD 313.60 billion in 2020. It is set to exhibit a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period in 2021-2028.
Get A Request Sample PDF Brochure:
JK Cement Ltd. Unveiled New Grey Cement Grinding Unit in Gujarat
In October 2020, JK Cement Ltd., a renowned building material company based in India introduced its new grey cement grinding unit in Gujarat’s Balasinor. It will have a production capacity of 0.7 mtpa. It will be developed in an area of eight hectares and will cost Rs. 200 crores. As per a company official, “This plant will help in providing access to high-quality product to customers and create more employment opportunities for local people.”
Increasing Demand for Blocks, Panels, and Roof Tiles to Drive Growth
The need for urbanizations has surged rapidly owing to the requirement of a better quality of life and more career opportunities. Hence, regulatory bodies are constantly taking numerous initiatives to support infrastructure and construction activities, especially in developing nations. At the same time, the demand for precast products, such as roof tiles, panels, and blocks would propel the consumption of cement. However, the high amount of pollution created by the production of the material may hamper the market growth.
Key Companies Aim to Broaden Geographic Presence by Entering Asia Pacific Market
The market has a diversified structure on account of the presence of several renowned companies across the globe. Companies situated in Europe and North America are striving persistently to expand their geographic footprint by entering Asia Pacific. A few others are investing hefty amounts to expand their production capacities to fulfil the unmet needs of people.
Get A Customized PDF :
A Notable Industry Development-
- December 2020: HeidelbergCement is planning to initiate the Brevik carbon capture and storage (CCS) project after the Norwegian parliament approved investments. This would enable the transportation for permanent storage and capture of 400,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide every year. It will be the first industrial-scale project in the world.
Fortune Business Insights™ presents a list of companies operating in the global market. They are as follows:
- CEMEX (Mexico)
- HeidelbergCement (Germany)
- InterCement (Brazil)
- LafargeHolcim (Switzerland)
- CRH plc (Ireland)
- The Siam Cement Group (Thailand)
- Titan Cement Company S.A. (Greece)
- Aditya Birla Ultratech (India)
- Votorantim Cimentos (Brazil)
- Buzzi Unicem S.p.A. (Italy)
- Mitsubishi Cement Corporation (U.S.)
- Argos USA Corporation (U.S.)
- CNBM International Corporation (China)
- Taiheiyo Cement Corporation (Japan)
- Drake Cement LLC (U.S.)
Further Report Findings-
- In 2020, Asia Pacific held USD 220.69 billion in terms of revenue and is likely to lead in the upcoming years. China is set to be the major growth contributor as it is the largest consumer and producer of cement worldwide.
- The Middle East & Africa would exhibit substantial growth on account of the high demand for the product owing to the surging infrastructural activities. Also, oil exploration and mining activities in the region would drive growth.
- Based on applications, the residential segment generated 3% in terms of the cement market share in 2020. The non-residential segment, on the other hand, is set to dominate in the near future stoked by the high demand for the product from various applications, such as the development of industrial buildings, dams, stadiums, roads, transportation hubs, and commercial complexes.
More Related Links:
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights Pvt. Ltd.
9th Floor, Icon Tower,
Baner – Mahalunge Road, Baner,
Pune-411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]
Connect us via Social Media Channels: